About Me

So what is this anyway?

EDIT: This piece of the site is under construction.


So, there are a lot of World of Warcraft gold-making blogs, and I like several of them. There is a lot of good advice all over.

However, what about gold information for those who are just starting or who are just starting on a new server? Certainly, gold in World of Warcraft isn't too hard to come by, but I want to make a blog for those who just started a level one on a server and are trying to get some gold for their mounts. That is what I am trying to do here.

My goal is to start a new character on a new server and examine some piece of gold making. I am not going to go into the high level gold making stuff, that is for others. This is to help you get started on gold making. Not all of the ideas are new, and when I post something, I will try and give credit to the place I read about it.

That is about it. If you want to contact me, you can send me an email to WoW.Ohnekase@gmail.com

You can also follow me on twitter: @WowOhnekase




Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Meet Ohnekase: Profession Series, Part Two. Mining.

Meet Ohnekase.

Kel'Thuzad, US
So, in an alternate dimension, Ohnekase was killed in a glorious battle.  However, he is now going to be resurrected by the Forsaken and be added to their ranks.  Now, he serves the dark lady, and is interested in having some gold.

Today, he is going to help us talk about mining.  Mining is a great way to make money, especially because you can sell it as ore and ars and they usually go for a larger sum than the leather that we were getting.  However, unlike Skinning, we kinda have to keep an eye out for them.

Lets get started, shall we.

The Mining Profession


Mining is a gathering profession that allows us to wander the lands in search of Ore nodes, and can be trained at Level 5.  With a mining pick, you can get Ore and Stone from the nodes.  The ore can be used by Jewelcrafters to make gems.  The ore can also be made into bars, which is used by Blacksmiths, Jewelcrafters, and Engineers to create all of their nifty items.

One thing that I should also mention is that each node you mine now gives you Exp.  So, if you wanted to, you could level using just Mining.

TIP:  You need a mining pick to be able mine nodes.  Make sure to buy one.

What this means for those of us who are trying to make money is that we have 2 ways to do it with.  Let's take a look at the Undermine Journal prices for Copper Ore and Copper Bars (the low level ore), as well as the Rough Stone.



Ok, so it looks promising.  55 Silver a piece for Copper Ore and 1 Gold a piece for Copper Bars.  Not bad. The Rough Stone is only 5 silver a piece, but lets see what happens.  Lets see what Ohnekase can do with these.

Bring out yer dead...


First, Ohnekase needs to be level 5.  Lets get on it...

Ok, so I am not dead anymore, you fixed that.
I guess I can live with that.....wait.
Stop the Zombie Apocalypse.  I can do that.
Hey C'mon.  It isn't so bad.  Now you can make all the
Zombie jokes you want and not seem racist.
Excellent, I just hit 5, lets go to Brill and train my Mining.  Or not, there is no Mining Trainer in Brill, onto Undercity (Trained by Brom Killian in the War Quarter)

Hi.  I like to hit stuff.  Can you teach me to Hit big rocks and break them?

Ok, so we have learned our mining.  We also learned a new skill called "Find Minerals"  This will give us a yellow dot on our minimap when we are near a mine.  Let me show you where to turn it on and what it looks like.

Just Click on the Magnifying Glass
and select it from the menu.
Now, when you are close, it will tell you
where an Ore node is.  Very handy.

I double checked to make sure we have a mining pick, now lets go run around Tirisfal Glades and mine for a bit and see where we get to.  Lets set the clock for 30 minutes.

Note:  Usually, most mining nodes are found along rocky surfaces or mountains.  If you wander around those, you should get quite a few nodes.

You are in the way of my Mining node, you fiend.
Aw, crap.  I died....again.  Wait, how does that even work.
Back alive.....sort of, and mining.

Ah, he is bigger than me, run away! 
Woot, not as much of a Pansy anymore.  Not quite as much anyway. 
Ok, I stand correct.  Oh well, looks like time is up.
This was the route I took, cause I know there was Ore there.

Ok, so after 30 minutes of running around (or just shy of them).  I ended up with 42 Copper Ore, 48 Rough Stone, 4 Linen Cloth (from kills), some Stringy Wolf Meat (Cooking item), 2 Shadowgems (used in Jewelcrafting) and 1 Tigerseye (used in Engineering and Jewelcrafting).  Not too bad for 1/2 hour.

Now, we looked and found that the Copper Bars seem to sell higher than the Copper Ore.  If you look below, you will notice that 1 Copper Ore can be turned into 1 Copper Bar (this is not the case for higher level Bars).  So, lets go ahead and Smelt it all.

I know how to use a Forge.
Excellent, that is done, now lets go to the Auction House and see what we can sell.

95 Silver x 42 Copper Bars = a Good Chunk of Money.
80 Silver.  Nice, lets see what we can do.
So those are up on the AH great, however, I realized something.
Ok, so that is good, lets put it up.  Oh wait, I don't have any money to post another.
Crap.
Ok, so right now, we don't have enough to post them all. That kinda suck.  However, I will keep track of these auctions, and post new ones if the old ones sell.  I will let you know.

Later...


20 Copper Bars sold for 18ish gold.
Another 20 Copper Bars sold for the same amount.
The Shadowgem also for 75ish silver.

So, the three things I put up that I had money for sold.  My gold now is sitting just shy of 37 gold.  And I am still level six.  This means that, if I made no extra money, I would be fine for money up until level 40.  But I still have mining, and we have seen what even 1/2 hour can do (1/2 hour with me dying......a lot).  So, it looks like Mining can be a very lucrative profession indeed.  And I didn't even put any of the other things I have up.

Conclusion...


So, even in death, Ohnekase has found a good way to make money.  That is awesome.  Mining is a great way to make money when you are starting out.  The Mining nodes are not hard to find, they are plentiful, they give you experience, and you will likely find several as you are just doing your questing.  Personally, when I am questing and having mining, I will often find myself running to a mob or another locale and then completely hop of the rails to go get a node that popped up on my minimap.

So, join us next time, when we will talk about another great Primary Profession:  Herbalism.

See ya next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment