About Me

So what is this anyway?

EDIT: This piece of the site is under construction.


So, there are a lot of World of Warcraft gold-making blogs, and I like several of them. There is a lot of good advice all over.

However, what about gold information for those who are just starting or who are just starting on a new server? Certainly, gold in World of Warcraft isn't too hard to come by, but I want to make a blog for those who just started a level one on a server and are trying to get some gold for their mounts. That is what I am trying to do here.

My goal is to start a new character on a new server and examine some piece of gold making. I am not going to go into the high level gold making stuff, that is for others. This is to help you get started on gold making. Not all of the ideas are new, and when I post something, I will try and give credit to the place I read about it.

That is about it. If you want to contact me, you can send me an email to WoW.Ohnekase@gmail.com

You can also follow me on twitter: @WowOhnekase




Saturday, March 24, 2012

Results of the Onemonthonetoon challenge. Also, what happening next?

Ok, so lets go ahead and give the results of my onemonthonetoon.

In short, I would call it a success.  I wouldn't so much say it was a glowing success, but it was a success.  I did only play one toon (except for my 15 min of DMF for the blog, which I would say is fine), however, I didn't really stick to WoW so much.  If you check out my twitter feed, you will notice that a lot of days I didn't play WoW.  Some days this is fine (I have been getting back into MTG and I have a DnD night on Thursdays usually).  However, I played a lot of ME3.

So, what was the point?  What did I learn?  Well:

1) A Dedication to Goldmaking is a different game than other ways of playing:  This may be obvious to some, but it really hit home to me.  So, before the challenge, I would spend a few hours on WoW.  And I pretty much didn't do any end game content.  I had never done LFR, I had done the End of Time Dungeons, but not in a month or so.  Once I wandered around, I started to be able to do these things more consistently.  Is this good or bad?  Neither, really.  Just different ways of playing the game.  But it does help to be able to talk about both sides of WoW.

2) I am an altoholic:  I love my alts.  I think part of the reason I moved to ME3 was because I wasn't as interested in the one character after a while.  I needed other stuff to do.  Granted, ME3 was fantastic, I loved it and would have done it anyway, but there were days when I got back to wow and kinda just gave up on it.


Ok, there are others, but lets move to the other thing I was thinking.  So, the Onemonthonetoon challenge did help me to focus my efforts to do anything on one server.  As it stands, whenever people I know play on WoW, I tend to put a character on their server and play that one.  I am really scatterbrained when it comes to WoW.  I was pursuing auctioning and such on multiple servers (somewhere between 3-5 servers), which didn't really give me much time to play or focus on goldmaking.

So, what am I gonna do about it.  I am going to focus on a server.  I am going to create a toon on one of my friend's server, and focus to try and get as much gold as I can.  My toons will be shown and noted on the blog.  I am not going to hold anything back.  You will know their names even and what I am going to do with them.

The server:  Deathwing US.  An alternate interesting thing for this is that I am going to try and make gold on a PVP server, which adds a layer of interesting.

So, here is where we are sitting on this server.  This server had Ohnekase the Hunter, who was the first goldmaking and sold turkeys for a while to make a couple hundred gold.  Second, we have Gondamer the Paladin.  He has about 2600 gold cause I did some inital foray into transmog here.  Plus, he has some Enchanting stuff.

In the next couple of days, here is what we are going to do"

1) Delete Ohnekase:  I am going to have him get rid of his gold (probably by just giving it away, then delete him.  Why?  Well, first I want to start with a new Bank toon solely for this challenge (female Human).  And I haven't played for a while so eh.

2) Empty Gondamer's bags and money:  I don't want to delete this paladin cause I like this paladin.  However, he does have a gold start.  So lets get rid of that.  Mats, stuff, gold?  All gone.  I might even get rid of his gear (though it isn't all that amazing, and I could get it all back with a little LFD).

So, for now, I am just going to throw this out to keep in touch.  We will shortly introduce the new cast and we will go for that.

See ya next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment