About Me

So what is this anyway?

EDIT: This piece of the site is under construction.


So, there are a lot of World of Warcraft gold-making blogs, and I like several of them. There is a lot of good advice all over.

However, what about gold information for those who are just starting or who are just starting on a new server? Certainly, gold in World of Warcraft isn't too hard to come by, but I want to make a blog for those who just started a level one on a server and are trying to get some gold for their mounts. That is what I am trying to do here.

My goal is to start a new character on a new server and examine some piece of gold making. I am not going to go into the high level gold making stuff, that is for others. This is to help you get started on gold making. Not all of the ideas are new, and when I post something, I will try and give credit to the place I read about it.

That is about it. If you want to contact me, you can send me an email to WoW.Ohnekase@gmail.com

You can also follow me on twitter: @WowOhnekase




Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Meet Ohnekase: Making the Grade, Part 3. Rare Mobs and Chests while questing.

Meet Ohnekase.

Earthen Ring, US


Again, we have met before and not much appears to be changed.  And not much is.  This last week, I have not been playing on Ohnekase much.  I have done some things, but not much.  However, I am going to spend some time leveling him today and we will see if we can find something neat to talk about.

OK, so first I want to talk about last weeks sales, but I need to start with something different.  I did not play Ohnekase much, cause I was trying out a different character.  I really got the bug to just play and not worry about anything other than playing.  So I made an alt.  However, perhaps we can talk about him in the future and see what use Alts are (Hint:  They are amazing to have).  Mysales did not capture just Ohnekase's in the last week.  It captured both characters, so I am only going to post the relevant stuff.

Last weeks sales..


First, lets get the ultimate big seller out of the way.


So, this was my big seller.  I found myself going down two roads for this.  Copper this last week on Earthne Ring was somewhat Volatile.  It went from 20 silver each to 3 gold ea.


That is right, 3 gold a bar.  So, what did I do?  Mostly, the same thing I did last week.  Bought Copper Ore (and cheap Copper Bars), smelted it, and waited.  When Copper went above my costs, I started posting a stack or 2 at a time.  That way, I could keep some cash flow flowing and wait for booms like that.  This was some great money.  Ok what is next?


I kept up on pets and made roughly 9 gold on this one.  Not too shabby.


I didn't keep up on Magic Essence, and I should have.  I think this was only 1 or 2 Lesser Magic Essences, which comes out to a gold profit.  Not bad at all.


Can't remember how much strange dust this was, but still.  I think it might have been like 4 of them, which is roughly 65 silver each.

So where does that leave me?


333 Gold.  Also, just for checking purposes, I have a played time of 5 hours.  I would say not bad.  3 hours of it has been AHing, but I don't think that is too shabby.  Also, note that I have some stock.  I still have pets, I have lots of copper, and I have some Tin, in case Bronze Bars or Tin Bars begin to sell (again, look at your costs for those, you can probably buy low, sell high).

Now onto this week.  I think it is time that I leveled, cause well I want to.  So, I am going to do some leveling, then we will see where we are afterward.

Leveling (and after)


Northern Barrens is 10 - 20, so I will level up to 10 then go there.

Huh, now that is different
So, As I was flying back, I got an invite for this guild.  They are trying to be a large guild and this can definintely be helpful to both me and the guild.  I get the perk of bonus leveling and bonuses in several other fields (see my post), and I can help the guild out.  Even if I do nothing else, I will make money for the guild, courtesy of the Cash Flow guild perk.  Plus, I think this will help me get some socialization, which makes wow more enjoyable.

Plus, I think their name and their Guild Tabard look really cool.

So, as I was questing, I did find something to point out.


So, this something that my Addon (Silverdragon) popped up.  Basically, it means that there is a rare mob around.  Rare mobs are great.  They are usually around the level of where you are and they tend to give you anywhere from good white items to greens to blues.  Take this guy for example.  Lets see what he drops when I kill him.

Hmmm, a little disappointing, but not horrible.

So a bag and some copper.  I wanted a green (cause I can sell them pretty well usually), but it is fine.  For doing nothing, it is awesome.

And here is another tip, not 2 seconds after the first one.

Treasure chest.  Woot, I wonder what is inside.
Ok, so treasure chests back in the day were ok, but nothing spectacular.  They used to just have a small green, but be easy to find.  However, these days, if you can find a treasure chest, they are great.  They will drop Blues, which is never a bad thing.  In fact, I have seen guides about looking for chests.


Huh, lame.  not much at all in here.  The Practice Sword is a gear upgrade though, so I guess I won't complain too hard.

On this note, I would love to find some way of knowing where Treasure chests are.  I would love a blog post or something, cause I think it would be interesting to see what kinda gold can be made doing a run around for chests.  If anyone knows let me know.

Ok, so I didn't do too much else other than a little questing.  However, I just hit level 10.  So.  I am going to stop there.  We have a couple of good tips (trust me, it is worth looking into these).


Before we go, I am grabbing some more Magic Essence and Strange Dust, then I am going to post some, we can take a look at my auctions before i go.


Conclusion...


Ok, again I understand that we didn't talk about anything ground breaking.  However, there are a couple things to notices.  First, I am well on my way to 3k.  Hell, I got 250 gold without actually doing any substantive work.  Second, Greens and Blues will always sell, and Rare mobs usually have them.  These days, we even have people who buy them for their look (Transmogriphication items sell).  Will the ones we put up sell for tons?  Probably not.  But even if we just got a random green, I would bet we can put it up for 1 to 2 gold and sell it.  After all, enchanters DE magic items for loot.  So, we will keep going.

Until then though...

See ya next time...

3 comments:

  1. Gathermate2 and Gathermate Data will give you icons on your minimap for nodes, herbs, treasure, digs.

    I did a post a while back:

    Alto’s Goldish Advice- Using Gathermate2 Data for Finding Treasure Chests

    BTW, read the whole post...you will want the NPC Scan addon as well to help with rares.

    Good luck,

    Alto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and NPC has silverdragon (or a form of that addon) integrated into it...

    I would recommend npc_scan, it has quite a bit more options. Just my opinion.

    Alto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Altolycus: I used Gatherer to show me once I got them. Does Gathermate have the icons already on it?

    Also, I tried using NPC_scan, but has some issues with it. As such, I used silver dragon cause it worked just fine. The options may be better but I couldn't get it to work. I might have been doing something wrong though.

    ReplyDelete