About Me

So what is this anyway?

EDIT: This piece of the site is under construction.


So, there are a lot of World of Warcraft gold-making blogs, and I like several of them. There is a lot of good advice all over.

However, what about gold information for those who are just starting or who are just starting on a new server? Certainly, gold in World of Warcraft isn't too hard to come by, but I want to make a blog for those who just started a level one on a server and are trying to get some gold for their mounts. That is what I am trying to do here.

My goal is to start a new character on a new server and examine some piece of gold making. I am not going to go into the high level gold making stuff, that is for others. This is to help you get started on gold making. Not all of the ideas are new, and when I post something, I will try and give credit to the place I read about it.

That is about it. If you want to contact me, you can send me an email to WoW.Ohnekase@gmail.com

You can also follow me on twitter: @WowOhnekase




Monday, December 5, 2011

Meet Ohnekase: The True Test. Getting the Grade.

Meet Ohnekase

Earthen Ring, US

This week we are beginning something a little different.  We have talked a big game, and talked about all of these different ways you can make money.  However, we have only taken it so far.  And, based on the Poll numbers I received from the poll I did, people would be interested in seeing a Character journey from 0 gold to lots of gold.  So, this week we are going to talk about a new Ohnekase, one that we will likely see for a while.

In this alternate reality, Ohnekase had a rough childhood.  His parents were killed at a very young age and he was raised by Tauren merchants.  For many years, he grew up learning the ways of the spirits and of the land from them.  His foster parents, being merchants themselves, took him into the city and taught him the ways of barter, selling, and, of course, of the ways of the Hunt.  In fact, Ohnekase took 2nd place in the Mulgore Archery competition.

However, Ohnekase knew he was a troll, and knew that his parents had been killed.  He knew that his people had no home.  So, when Vol'jin called everyone to help take back the Echo Isles, Ohnekase answered the call.  He was not strong enough to perform any major feats of strength, but he was able to help around Sen'jin villiage.  It was there that a Troll taught him to tame animals and helped him tame his first Raptor.  He named it Sul'fon, representing his own loner status among the Trolls.

However, we will follow his journey as he both bonds once again with the Darkspear Tribe and uses the tools that his parents gave him as a child to make a living for himself.

Choices...


Ok, so for me, I chose a couple of specific things.  I created a Hunter on Earthen Ring, and I made him Horde.  Real quick note of why I did it.

I have a lot of characters, but I have never leveled a hunter to any significant level, so I wanted a hunter.  Besides, they make great soloing classes.

I chose Earthen Ring for 2 reasons.  First, I have people I know on Earthen Ring, which is very important.  Second, I have wanted to look into joining the guild AIE, which is the guild that is part of the Instance Podcast.  I have never seen a guild this big and am very intrigued by the concept.  Plus, as we have talked about, guilds are a good thing.

Third, I made him Horde because I like Horde better.  I love Trolls and think they are awesome.  The fact that I don't have a high level Troll is just short of heresy.

UI Updates...


I made some updates to Ohnekase's UI for this experiment.  I didn't put it on this post.  If you are interested in the updates.  Check out this post.

The Test...


So we are going put money making skills to the test.  I am going to use some stuff that we have talked about, some stuff we haven't talked about (I will talk about it when I can), and some stuff that we don't know about yet.

Here is my "test".  We will pretend this is a class and I have been given the final.  The Goal.  Start a character and level it to 40.  Make as much money along the way as you can.  The grade will be given as such.

<1000 Gold:  F.  I will not fail, this is not acceptable.
1000+ Gold:  C.  Not bad, but it is my goal to do better.
2000+ Gold:  B.  Good, but not where I am going for.
3000+ Gold:  A.  I can do this, and this is my goal.

I believe I can get an A on this test, and I fully intend to try.

With that said, lets begin.

The Journey of 3000 gold...


Let's get started.  Obviously, we want to get through the first 5 levels.

Hello, Vol'Jin.  I am sorry to hear that we don't like Garrosh.
I will do what I can to help. 
They do look cute. 
So, I took this pic to point out the Clam Meat that you can get
in early quests.  Note this cause it can sell really well.
So, in the first 5 levels I picked up some clam meat and I got a Small Lustrous Pearl, which also sells really well.

So, at level 5 lets look at what we have, and decide what professions we want.


So, we are in Sen'jin and I want to pick up some professions.  I am partial to Mining and Skinning usually, but lets check a few items on The Undermine Journal for Earthen Ring Horde and see what we can get.  (Also, I did pick up fishing, so I can fish out of pools).






So, it looks like Herbalism and Mining are the most profitable for now.  I like to go with these as well, so I don't really see a problem with that.

Starts with the first step.

We have to go to Orgrimmar to train Mining, but that is fine.  The flight is free and we can try and sell some of that loot of ours.

Lets look at the auctions.




The Mackeral may not sell, but lets see what we can do.  Lets check back later.

Clam Meat sold.  3 gold.
Excellent, so the clam meat sold.  That is good.  3 gold is always a good start.

Now, one thing I want to do is to pick up some Copper Ore, turn it into bars, and sell it.

So, Copper ore was 22 silver for 2 (I can't afford the stacks of 20 yet, otherwise, I would buy that).


Ok, so we are selling 2 of them, lets see where we get to.

Now, I am going to fly back to Sen'jin and continue questing.  While I am out, lets see if we can't find more.

Day 2


So, I spent some time questing.  While I was questing, though, I spent some time farming as well, while I was questing.  For now, my goal is to start with something small, and look into getting myself a little further on the money train.

So lets see take a look at my questing, and we will see where we are at the end.

Don't forget to skin everything.  Leather is Money, friend. 
Not a lot of bag slots, so lets sell in between quests.
Oooh, minimap says there is a mining node.  Gotta go get that. 
Alright, about 1/2 hour of questing and farming, lets wrap up for the week. 

So, I quested and leveled for about 1/2 hour, lets see what we have.

Malachite, Leather, Copper, this should be good.
Ok, so lots of stuff to sell.  In addition, I decided to take my own advice and grab some Essence and Dust from the Enchanter and pick up the Snakes.



So, we will end this week.  Next week, we will see what sold and see where we are going from there.

So, until then,

See ya next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment